Headless Magento Development
Powerful solution for your increasing eCommerce needs.
Headless architecture is a decoupling of the frontend of your website (the presentation layer) from the backend (the application layer), which allows both layers to be developed and tested independently from – and in parallel with – one another.
Headless vs Monolith
In a headless environment, development efforts on your storefront, and on your backend, won’t block one another, because they no longer share the complex dependencies of a monolithic environment, allowing you to test business logic, independent of the user interface.
Because the user interface is untethered from the underlying, backend business and application logic, you can strategically invest in optimizing the storefront, without automatically requiring a similar investment into backend optimization, and vice-versa.
In short, a headless approach transforms a monolithic environment into one built on microservices, with maximum flexibility and autonomy between the front- and backend.
The MACH approach to Headless
To fully unlock the power of Headless, it’s beneficial to understand – and adopt – the MACH principle. MACH stands for
- Cloud-native, and
That is, Headless architecture (the ‘H’ in MACH) is only one component – albeit a critical one – of the overall MACH approach.
Microservices (the ‘M’ in MACH) provide flexible and reliable scalability, and independence of the components. Meaning marketplaces can cherry-pick tech providers for each business function, without changing the rest of the system.
API-first (the ‘A’) uses HTTP protocols to manage traffic, and either XML or JSON for payload management and data transfer. API-first enables multiple frontends for various formats (eg, mobile, web, IoT, more) in parallel, allowing you to plug into multiple, best-of-breed third-party systems. In short, API-first means there is no standardized user interface, rather a customized interface for optimized user experiences.
Cloud-native (the ‘C’) leverages Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) to realize the full capabilities of the cloud. This includes storage and hosting, and elasticity and scaling, while mitigating costs for upgrade management.
Benefits of implementing Magento Headless
There are several benefits to adopting a Headless (MACH-based) Magento approach:
- OmniChannel: Seamless integration on a unified platform ensures consistent user experience, regardless of platform
- Speed: Separate, parallel development of both your backend and frontend systems decrease overall time to deliver – and Time-To-Market (TTM).
- Independence: A composable tech stack allows stakeholders to leverage best-of-breed storefront technologies, create customized user experiences, satisfy business requirements, and optimize customer outcomes.
- Future-proofing: Headless/MACH enables maximum flexibility as business- and platform requirements evolve over time. Therefore major changes in business strategy – or in the market, at large – won’t require an entire site rebuild
- Scalability: Spin up high-demand resources at critical moments (seasons) of your sales cycle, without excessive development costs
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): Adapt and evolve your commerce infrastructure over time, and as your business grows, while mitigating costs and optimizing ROI
The Atwix approach to Headless Magento Implementation
Atwix fully endorses the MACH principle, and derives our MACH expertise from several commercial projects – past and current – which we’ve developed and maintained.
In the Cloud space, we’re tightly integrated with both AWS and Adobe Cloud. And we’ve implemented complex business solutions using PWA Studio – for example, Interior Define.
Moreover, Atwix engineers and architects have delivered fast – yet stable – APIs for over a decade, including GraphQL coverage for Magento 2 & Adobe Commerce.
How to select a Headless integration partner
Magento development is highly-specialized, which means you need a development partner which is also highly-specialized, with an exclusive focus on Magento.
Atwix builds full-service eCommerce customer experiences with Magento and Adobe Commerce – including PWA & Headless – for renowned brands, worldwide.
We specialize in award-winning digital transformations, delivering end-to-end implementations, design and development, migrations, performance improvements, and ongoing maintenance, and support.
Our Headless Magento Development Services include:
- Magento Performance Optimization: Enhance user experience, increase site speed, and optimize conversions
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration: Evolve your commerce platform – and your business – by keeping up with best-in-class technological advancements
- Magento Consulting: Even the greatest performers need a coach. Atwix is the most highly-certified Adobe Gold Solution Partner. Leverage the expertise of Magento Masters to unlock the power of Magento.
- Magento Maintenance & Support: Atwix manages our workload so that the same team which migrates and/or develops your website, is the same team which maintains & supports it after your project goes live. #differentiator
- Magento Theme Design: Atwix offers full-suite Design services to make your website look – and function – amazingly. We’ve even designed our own Atwix theme for Magento, optimized for mobile performance
- Magento PWA Development: Is it time for your business to go headless? Leverage Atwix’s experience and expertise to create seamless and engaging customer experiences across multiple channels and devices, with no need for native apps.
The Magento Masters
Our Magento expertise is unrivaled. Atwix have worked with the platform since its conception, and today we are among the most certified Magento Professional Solution Partners. The secret to our success is contribution, one of the pillars of our culture. Atwix engineers delivered more improvements and bug fixes to the Magento platform than any other agency in the world during 2018-2023. We are constantly pursuing the latest certifications and investing in the biggest talent in eCommerce – Atwix CTO Yaroslav Rogoza and Dmytro Cheshun, Tech Lead at Atwix are Magento Masters.
Magento Contributor Partner
Adobe Certified Expert
Adobe Certified Professional
Adobe Certified Master
Get a quote
Let us help you to create flexible and scalable eCommerce solution with Headless approach.