On a single platform, Magento Adobe Commerce allows you to create multi-channel commerce experiences for B2B and B2C consumers. Our future-proof technology provides you with a commerce platform that is infinitely adaptable, expandable, and scalable, from the catalog to payment to fulfillment.
Magento has been serving tens of millions of customers around the globe, has highly customizable core features, marketplace, and ecosystem of third-party extension developers.
- High Flexibility and Limitless Customization;
- Richer Feature List (compared to other platforms);
- Room for Scalability;
- Large Community of Users and Contributors;
- Advanced SEO Capabilities;
- Higher setup and customization cost;
- More time for development (compared to other platforms);
Shopify is a fully hosted eCommerce platform for small businesses. Shopify’s offering now includes a strong set of features, and the company has gained considerable market share from business incumbents.
Shopify is well known for its huge marketplace and intuitive user-friendly interface.
- Built-in flexible marketing campaigns
- User-friendly admin panel
- Relatively fast frontend out of the box
- Many existing integrations and applications, including PWA applications
- Large community, easier to find a solution
- Very limited features out of the box
- The technology stack and ways of extending the platform are not familiar to us
- Strict extensibility limitations in comparison to Magento or Shopware
- Hardware scalability limitations
- No way to use on-premise installations
When it comes to choosing an eCommerce platform, Magento Commerce 2 is a great PaaS, especially for large enterprise businesses that have a big budget and want unlimited customization abilities.
Shopify is a SaaS solution for smaller enterprise businesses that want to save money and utilize Shopify’s support and app integrations. Now that you know how the platforms match up, you can choose the best one to help your business scale and prosper in the future.