On a single platform, Magento Adobe Commerce allows you to create multi-channel commerce experiences for B2B and B2C consumers. Our future-proof technology provides you with a commerce platform that is infinitely adaptable, expandable, and scalable, from the catalog to payment to fulfillment.
Magento has been serving tens of millions of customers around the globe, has highly customizable core features, a marketplace, and an ecosystem of third-party extension developers.
- High Flexibility and Limitless Customization;
- Richer Feature List (compared to other platforms);
- Room for Scalability;
- Large Community of Users and Contributors;
- Advanced SEO Capabilities;
- Higher setup and customization cost;
- More time for development (compared to other platforms);
The Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC) has a long history of research and development, with a lot of knowledge, expertise, and creativity behind its products. The software of OCC is being actively developed with constant updates. However, examining the advantages and drawbacks is critical before making your ultimate choice.
- Strong and simple. The prevailing view is that OCC is simple, with little to no need to burden your support team. It has functions and page designs with minimal back-end programming and development needs. The dashboards are easily customizable, and the search function is among the industry’s finest.
- International potential. If you need a number of multilingual global sites, the OCC is a good option. You can quickly create as many online stores as you need, with language options to reach a worldwide audience.
- Capability to improve conversion rates. You can make several simple A/B split tests with no code required. You may quickly test for effective promotional outcomes, and the OCC system will automatically incorporate your winning variable—in real-time and live.
- Multiple channels are available. OCC is viewable on a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or mobile device. The world is becoming increasingly mobile, and with OCC, you can make it easier for customers to visit your business.
- Outstanding client service. For any assistance, the OCC service team is always available via email or phone.
- Security concerns. Users of shared clouds may be able to access the virtual servers of other users, posing a security risk absent from platforms housed on dedicated in-house servers.
- Difficulties with performance. Because OCC is cloud-based, it has cloud-specific problems. Depending on how much sharing is going on in the cloud, this involves network delay and lower speed and memory. Cloud companies may oversell many clients, causing the cloud to lose performance and space.
- It’s expensive. OCC pricing is the best fit for a medium- to a large-sized corporation with a diverse product offering and a vast client base. Site maintenance is also costly.
According to the report, there are over 240,000 Magento developers worldwide. This extensive community has various contact lines and enjoys getting together at events like Meet Magento. The group’s goal is to create extensions and improve the Magento platform. Magento is popular among developers because of its versatility, as it is open-source.
Meanwhile, the simplicity of use is the fundamental strength of Oracle Commerce Cloud. Like many other eCommerce systems, the OCC is incredibly user-friendly for non-tech-savvy business owners, making eCommerce accessible to everyone. The dashboard is readily customizable, and the design doesn’t need much from the back end.
While Oracle Commerce provides more extensive features for big and specialized online business machines, many studies reveal that Magento excels its competitor in many areas.
Be sure to read an article where we compare Magento and Shopify.