Despite us getting used to pandemic, some changes remain unchanged, even when these are dramatic ones. Be it eCommerce booming or summer remaining a high season, full of news and updates in eCommerce ecosystem. We have collected some partner news after summer 2021, and it seems like everyone if getting ready for another great holiday season – thanks to Magento / Adobe Commerce ecosystem, we will all be equipped nicely.
Summer was a fruitful season for Adobe’s Product team as even despite the vacations season, company has released:
- New feature of Live search, aimed at bringing the search to a new level by utilizing AI (Adobe Sensei) and other modern technologies. All lucky owners of an Adobe Commerce license may use this service free of charge by installing the corresponding module from the marketplace Magento Live Search. Learn more about it from a feature review.
- PWA Studio 11 with the full-featured wish list, desktop optimizations, checkout extensibility, bug fixes and improvements and much more. Learn more from the PWA Studio v11.0.0 release notes.
- Page Builder is now available as an Open Source project, which means that as of now, a lot of improvements will be delivered faster just because of the new delivery process for Community Contributions.
- Since June, zip archives with Magento modules are no longer available for downloads at the Magento Marketplace. Only CLI module installation via Composer is now available for merchants. This complements the automation code quality check integrated into the Marketplace.
- Magento 2.4.3 and Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 version with a lot of bug fixes and improvements. We’d like to highlight that: a new Composer plugin was added to prevent dependency confusion and identifies malicious packages; ReCAPTCHA coverage extended, and now it protects WebAPI endpoints that have corresponding HTML pages from spam; the Place Order storefront page and payment-related web APIs covered with the ReCAPTCHA protection. Learn more about the updates from the Magento Open Source 2.4.3 Release Notes, Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 Release Notes.
All touchpoints matter throughout the customer’s buying journey; however, the checkout process is of the utmost importance. Recently, Aheadworks has updated the Smart One Step Checkout extension, and needless to say, a ton of work has been done.
Let’s highlight the improvements in the latest update of the extension:
- Major UI/UX Checkout Page Update;
- Improved Phone Number Validation;
- Integration with Customer Attributes (allowing to extend customer information and address fields, manage fields relations);
- Payment integrations (like integration with Braintree Payments by Gene module and so on).
More specific details you may find in the Aheadworks blog post.
During the summer, Amasty has extended their catalog with 8 new products: Import Products, PWA add-on for Social Login, CMS Upgrade Scripts, Personalized Products, Marketplace Platinum, Partial Payments, Auto Invoice and Shipment, PayU Latam Gateway.
They have also worked on upcoming products for Magento 2: Chat Via Messengers, Mobile Login, SMS Notification Pro, Deposit Payment. They are already available for pre-order at the website.
Firebear Studio has just released an update for their main product – Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension. It includes support for the latest Magento version, advanced scheduling, better synchronization of product reviews, more flexible order export, improved import mapping, and numerous bug fixes.
Also, the company offers the updated SAP Business One Integration tool for Magento 2 merchants. If you need to synchronize a data flow between your e-commerce website and the popular ERP system, give it a try.
Found this useful? Let us know in the comment section below.
Need some help with your eCommerce development, support or installation of the above-mentioned features and extensions? Atwix can help you! Contact us with your eCommerce-related question, we’re here to help!