Magento Commerce Cloud is the ideal combination of a hosting platform together with the right Magento Commerce features for building a website. We already highlighted reasons to choose Magento Commerce Cloud solution – a perfect choice for merchants who wish to simplify eCommerce website maintenance and, at the same time, acquire a stable platform for developing and growing business.
Magento offers two variations depending on business needs – Magento Commerce Cloud: Starter and Pro-Plan. Let’s compare these in more detail so you can find the right choice for your company.
Magento Commerce Cloud: Starter-Plan
Starter-Plan is the perfect solution for smaller B2C and B2B merchants – those who are starting an e-commerce business and seeking simple configurations to build their website. In this case, a user does not expect a huge amount of SKUs and it’s understood that, in the beginning at least, traffic won’t be high.
The Starter Plan includes:
- Magento 2 core features;
- PayPal Onboarding Tool;
- Business Intelligence;
- Сloud integration tools;
- Magento 2 Fastly Content Delivery Network (CDN);
- Image Optimization (IO);
- The Web Application Firewall (WAF) (*service is available in the Production environment);
- New Relic APM (for performance monitoring) on 3 branches;
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) based Production, Staging, and development environments (*4 active environments);
- Multi-tenant shared infrastructure;
- 100k effective SKUs*;
- 3 Hour Technical Onboarding;
- 24×7 Support Ticket;
- Initial Support Response: SLA P1-2hr, P2-1d, P3-2d, P4-5d.
Magento Commerce Cloud: Pro-Plan
Pro-Plan is perfect for B2C and B2B merchants who have the expectation of fast future growth. If a website needs to be prepared for sophisticated integrations and spikes (non-linear increases in traffic) – Pro-Plan is ideal.
The Pro-Plan includes:
- All features from Starter-Plan and Magento 2 core features;
- Plus B2B module;
- New Relic Infrastructure on Production environments & APM (Performance Monitoring) on Staging and Production;
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) based Integration development environments (*8 total active environments);
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) — dedicated virtual infrastructure for Production and Staging environments;
- Architecture with a three-server setup in underlying IaaS to provide stable reliability and availability;
- Dedicated hardware setup in underlying IaaS;
- 24×7 monitoring and email support;
- Dedicated technical account management for the initial launch period;
- 8M effective SKUs;
- Initial Support Response: P1-1h, P2-4h, P3-1d, P4-3d.
In conclusion, Magento Commerce Cloud has solutions whatever the size of your website and business needs. An analysis and comparison of SKUs, users, expected traffic, and plans for future growth will identify the best course of action.
Our team is always happy to help with migration to Magento Cloud or any additional consulting – reach out to learn more.